PL -- Principal Software Engineer (Java) in fintech
For our client, one of the leading fintech startups, we a looking for an experienced Principal Java Engineer.
Location: 100% remote.
Salary range: depends on your experience
Type of contract: Permanent employment.
You will be responsible for the design and development of backend, service, and portal systems that reside on our payment processing platforms. As part of a dynamic and exciting development centre, you will engage with a variety of frameworks, libraries, and services, while utilising state-of-the-art software techniques.
The role is responsible for working in a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from a team of one to a team of many. Our working environment empowers software engineers and lets them focus on the technical challenges of solving problems, rather than dealing with bureaucracy or inefficient processes.
You and your teammates are responsible for all aspects of delivering software to your users:
- Understand merchant and partner needs, problems, and expectations and take action to address expectations through high quality, innovative solutions that deliver value to our customers.
- Improve the software development process, methodologies, and tools through applied experience, automation, and simplification.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure that deliverables are technically accurate and useful on time – we build quality into all stages of the software lifecycle, with a focus on end-user observable (and testable) system behaviours.
- Identify critical activities & tasks on projects, help with estimation and planning, ensure timely and accurate communication of status, resolution of issues, and contribute beyond assigned tasks - adjusting priorities when appropriate.
- Develop systems using efficient, secure and clear code following industry and company standards.
- Assist with software deployment activities to internal test environments and our production data centres – the team is responsible for Requirements Analysis through to Release.
- Be proactive, self-motivated, attentive to detail, with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Be a team player and role model, exhibiting a professional attitude, building work relationships, demonstrating flexibility, and supporting workplace ethics.
- 8-10 years in a Software Engineering position.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong understanding of Linux development, database design and development.
- Experience in server-side product development with Java.
- Experience with Design Patterns, Refactoring, OO Design, and related areas.
- Experience working with JPA2 and Hibernate, preferably with MySQL 5.7+ with InnoDB.
- REST API design and implementation with Java, working knowledge of JAX-RS & RESTEasy.
- Expected to be self-starters who can operate well under a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from a team of one to a team of many.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organisational skills.
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, attentive to detail, and able to work well under pressure.
- Strong communication skills.
- Willingness to work as part of a team.
Nice to have:
- Exposure to developing secure web-applications, preferably in a PCI-DSS setting.
- Some Understanding of both public and private cloud compute and networking stack.
*By applying to this Job you agree that your personal information will be collected and processed by Appex.Team solely for the hiring process regarding this particular position.
Fill in the job application form